The Station House Hotel Refurbishment draws inspiration from travels across the globe, where Irish country chic meets with eclectic influences from India, Istanbul, Middle East and beyond. This blend of local, Irish-made furniture and hand-made accessories from international artisans, the original antiques from the house, and, its history as a busy railway junction, all combine to give the venue a unique feel and charm.
Well into its 36th year, the essence of The Station House will never change; great food, great service and a home away from home, all brought to you by the Slattery family and their team.
Some of the more unusual design features include:
- Hand-woven rugs from Jaipur in India, by ‘From Jaipur with Love’
- Hand-made lighting from a wonderful set of talented Irish crafts people
- Beautiful fabrics from Christopher Farr Cloth, La Maison Pierre Frey, William Morris & Co., and Harlequin as well as wonderful Irish velvets
- Works of art adorn bedroom walls with ‘Van Gough’ cherry blossom wall-paper, and Zoffany woodland prints bringing the outside in
- Original paintings from local artist Deirdre Hoffman are combined with eclectic wall art through-out
Other refurbished bedroom features include:
- Deluxe mattresses and 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linen through-out
- Organic Irish seaweed products from Voya and luxurious slippers, complimentary for each guest
- Smart TVs and high speed wifi
- And did we mention…….turn down service with signature Chez Emily chocolates.
For wedding couples, you get to enjoy a fresh new look, from the moment you arrive on the Platform Terrace to your guest bedrooms (aptly named the “Cabin Suites”) and the signature, one of its kind, Signal Suite for your wedding night.
The Grand Suite, originally the Station Master’s quarters dates back to 1847 and boasts original sash windows and panelled walls. It now features a beautiful Victoria & Albert stone bath and window seat, perfect for your pre-wedding photos.
View the iconic Turntable set deep in the woods, originally used to turn the trains returning to Dublin, now a magical location for outdoor ceremonies, and the granite walled Carriage Suite, originally the engine room and now a romantic and historic back-drop for your wedding reception.
The Station House is open for private viewings and virtual viewings. Their dedicated wedding team will bring you on a tour of the venue whether it’s in person, or virtually via Zoom
To book your show-around or to speak with one of the team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and check out their Instagram page @stationhh for the latest refurbishment photos and beautiful real weddings.